PLEASE NOTE: The testpokerstars.com client has now closed. See here for more information, including how you can convert your play chip balance for play on either www.pokerstars.com or www.pokerstars.net.
Setting up an account
- You should already have an account on the main PokerStars site. If you don't, you can create one by downloading the free software available on Pokerstars.com. No money is needed to open a play money account at the main site.
- Your main PokerStars email address should be valid on the Test site, and you will need to access it in order to obtain a valid password for the Test site. Your account on the Test site will always have the same User ID and email as your account on the main PokerStars.com site. All other account details, including your password, will be different on the test site.
- Download the TestPokerStars client and launch it.
- When logging in to the test client for the first time, press the 'Forgot Password...' button. A “Reset Password” window will appear. Enter your User ID from the main PokerStars site at the top, as well as your validated account email address in the “Play Money Players” section. Click ‘OK’. A window should appear saying 'A temporary password has been sent to your registered email address.'
- When you receive the email, use the password it contains to log In to the TestPokerStars game client.
- When asked, please enter your new password for the Test site.
IMPORTANT: if you have any real money in your account on the main site, please ensure that you keep different passwords for PokerStars.com and TestPokerStars.com.
- If you experience any issues while running the TestPokerStars client or for more information, please visit the FAQ page.
Mac users: go to our Mac download page, and download the PokerStars software from there.
Copyright © 2001-2013, PokerStars.com. All rights reserved. Rational Entertainment Enterprises Limited, Douglas Bay Complex
King Edward Road, Onchan,
IM3 1DZ, Isle of Man. License renewed August 1, 2010. Online gambling is regulated in the Isle of Man