Setting up an account
- You should already have an account on the main PokerStars site. If you don't, you can create one by downloading the free software available on Pokerstars.com. No money is needed to open a play money account at the main site.
- Your main PokerStars email address should be valid on the test site, and you will need to access it in order to obtain a valid password for the test site. Your account on the test site will always have the same user ID and email as your account on the main PokerStars.com site. All other account details, including your password, will be different on the test site.
- Download the test client and launch it.
- When logging in to the test client for the first time, press the 'Forgot password...' button and enter your user ID from the main PokerStars site, leaving all the other fields blank. A window should appear saying 'A temporary password has been sent to your registered email address'.
- When you receive the email, use the password it contains to log-in to the test site.
- When asked, please enter your new password for the test site.
IMPORTANT: if you have any real money in your account on the main site, please ensure that you keep different passwords for PokerStars.com and TestPokerStars.com.
Windows users should go to the Windows download page.
Copyright © 2001-2013, PokerStars.com. All rights reserved. Rational Entertainment Enterprises Limited, Douglas Bay Complex
King Edward Road, Onchan,
IM3 1DZ, Isle of Man. License renewed August 1, 2010. Online gambling is regulated in the Isle of Man